Millions of women from all over the world are having a hard time getting pregnant and one of the main reasons for this is because they themselves are infertile.
Infertility is a common condition that affects the ability of a woman to get pregnant. This type of condition is diagnosed after a woman who has unprotected sex for 12 months fails to get pregnant despite trying to.
The good news is that there are a lot of treatment options for infertility.
Who are at most common reasons of infertility in women?
There are a lot of factors that can increase the risk of a woman being infertile. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Hormone issue
- Abnormal menstrual cycle
- Being underweight
- Having a low body-fat content from extreme exercise
- Structural problems with the fallopian tubes
- Structural problems with the uterus
- Structural problems with the ovaries
- Uterine fibroids
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Hashimoto’s disease
- thyroid gland conditions
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Primary Ovary Insufficiency (POI)
- Excessive substance use (heavy drinking)
- DES syndrome
- A past
How does age impact female infertility?
Women who are older are more likely to be infertile. But why are they at most risk of becoming infertile?
The reasons include:
- Lower egg counts
- More eggs have an abnormal number of chromosomes
- Increased risk of health conditions
Treatment options for infertility
- Fertility Drugs
- Medical Procedures
- Sperm Donation
- Egg Donation
- Embryo Donation
- IVF (in vitro fertilization)
When should you see a doctor?
If you want to get pregnant, it is important to seek medical help. But who should you see? We recommend you get checked up by a doctor.
When should you seek help?
You should seek help when:
- If you are 35 years old, doctors recommend you get pregnant for at least 1 year before you get checked out by a doctor or you start treatment
- If you are over 40, you need to discuss with your doctor about the chances that you have to getting pregnant
- If you are trying to get pregnant for 6 months are not failing, you need to meet a doctor
- You need to start treatment if you are more than 42
How to prevent being infertile?
If you want to stay fertile, you should do the following things:
- Stop using drugs
- Don’t be stressed out
- Have a healthy weight
- Get tested frequently
- Avoid alcohol
- Don’t smoke
Did we miss out on anything in the list above? Let us know what we missed out by leaving a comment in the comments section below!