There is no doubt that, children love to play. Playing is not only fun but it is also essential for the growth and development of the kids. Children should not be restricted to indoors only because outdoor play is equally important.
In today’s era, children spend a number of hours watching television and playing computer games. But at the same time, children need to get out and have some fun! They need time and space for play and movement. Playing is a sport which is of huge importance for the kids.
The benefits of outdoor play are numerous, let us understand a few of them:
- Interaction with nature: While playing outdoor, children interact with nature. They learn through the different sounds, smells, and sight of things present in the environment. The weather or the season also plays a critical role. It is said that kids who spend considerable time outdoors may share a lifelong bond with nature.
- Help in their physical development: The major benefit of playing outdoor is gaining physical strength. Outdoor play keeps kids active and can boost their physical stamina and fitness. Playing outdoor games can also strengthen their muscles and bones, build immunity, and lower the risk of many diseases. Being in the fresh air and sunshine can naturally provide them with Vitamin D.
- Enhances overall development: Outdoor play can enhance a child’s intellectual and cognitive development. The outdoors provides endless opportunities for kids for exploration and discovery. They also learn about plants, animals, insects, and the environment. This all helps to enhance their overall development.
- Enhances creative skills: Creative skills are also enhanced with the help of outdoor playing. Playing outdoors gives the children an opportunity to explore, and investigate and develop their inquisitive minds. This helps them to become more creative in their lives.
- Helps to lead a healthier lifestyle: Kids who actively involve themselves in outdoor games are more likely to lead a well-balanced and healthy lifestyle.
While the outdoor play is fun we must ensure to make it safe too. Supervise children closely as they play. It is important that children have the opportunity during a day to experience play where they can enhance their abilities and safely explore the world around them.
A word from SuperActive Kids:
Making outdoor play fun for kids can motivate them to take up outdoor games and sports. Try to make it exciting for them. When a child plays outdoors, their concentration and observational skills are improved. Outdoor games and activities also help develop gross and fine motor skills of a child. All in all, these are very beneficial for the kids.